Dental care during Christmas and New Year Holiday period 2020-2021
Bee Healthy dental hub clinics will be closed for the holiday period from 18th December 2020 and reopen from 20 January 2021. Our call centre will be closed from 18th December 2020 and reopen to take your calls on 11 January 2021.
If your child requires an urgent dental appointment between:
- 19th to 23rd December 2020 or 5th to 19th January 2021: please contact one of the special contracted dentists listed here, or your teenager’s adolescent dental provider if they are in Year 9 or above.
- 24th December 2020 to 4th January 2021: please ring (04) 474 2234 to find a dentist working on that day or click here to see the Emergency Dental Service Provider Roster.
Please note: not all dentists are contracted providers of free dental care for children, you will need to check this when you ring. If the dentist is not a contracted provider you will be a charged for any treatment received.
Please note that this service is not available after hours. For facial swelling or trauma, you are advised to go to your local hospital emergency department.
Making an appointments
To book an appointment, free-call 0800 TALK TEETH (825 583).
Calls from landlines will be automatically directed to the Wellington office. If you are calling from a mobile phone, please follow the prompts.
Please leave a message if calling outside office hours (Monday- Friday, 8am-4.30pm) so we may return your call.
Changing an appointment
If you are unable to make this appointment and need to re-book, call 0800 TALK TEETH (825 583) as soon as possible so your appointment may be offered to another family.
Your child’s first dental appointment will take 15-20minutes. Other appointment times can vary- if your child requires treatment, your dental therapist will advise you.
Off-street and roadside car parks areavailable for families at all Bee Healthy Dental Clinics.
Urgent Dental Care
Appointments for urgent care are available everyday at most Bee Healthy dental clinics. To make an appointment, call 0800 TALK TEETH (825 583). If calling outside office hours (Monday to Friday, 8am-4.30pm) leave a detailed message and the Bee Healthy team will get back to you the following working day.
Call 0800 TALK TEETH (825 583) to make an appointment if:
- Your child is in pain
- Your child has a loose tooth and it has cracked in half and causing pain. This can sometimes happen when the adult (secondary) tooth is coming through.
- If you notice a white spot has appeared on your child’s gum that may be an abscess. An abscess appears if a tooth is infected. Infected or abscessed teeth sometimes need to be removed so that the abscess can drain away. If antibiotics are taken, but the tooth is left in the mouth untreated, the infection may come back and cause pain.
- You have any other concerns or questions about your child’s teeth
If your child has severe pain, large swelling, persistent bleeding or have difficulty breathing AND it is outside of Bee Healthy office hours (Monday to Friday, 8am - 4.30pm):
Contact one of the contracted dentists listed here to book an urgent appointment. If no urgent appointment is available, contact to your doctor (GP) and if they are closed, go to your nearest After Hours Medical Centre or Hospital Emergency Department in the case of an emergency.
If your child has an accident and has injured their teeth or mouth:
Contact a local dentist to arrange an examination appointment. The dentist will ask you to complete an Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) claim form. Accident care for under 18s is covered by ACC, however some dentist may charge a fee so please ask about this when making an appointment.
Bee Healthy are unable to lodge ACC claims thus unable to provide dental care for accident related dental issues.